Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Piece of Chalk

This past weekend we went to the Chalk the Block event at The Shops at Riverwoods not just once, but twice. We went Friday night with Matson's sister and husband but all the drawings weren't finished so we went back Saturday night with my newly married little sister and hubby. It was quite the event full of some seriously awesome chalk art and all to raise money for Autism. I am not even an artist but every time I go to an art event like this I get so inspired and think that I could do it myself. Yet the hardest thing I can draw with chalk is my name and some doodles.



Tangled Lanterns. Love.
Jack and The Beanstalk coming out of the cement.








Aren't they all so amazing!? Some of the pieces were done by professional artists, but a lot were students from high schools or colleges and even just families entered. Which one is your favorite? Mine is probably the T-Rex and Jack & The Beanstalk. So cool.

1 comment: