seriously hilarious. I am so lucky to have her for my Grandma!
She is the best. She is from Denmark and with her heavy accent, she makes for some fun laughs.
She wears 2-3 rings on each finger and when she claps her hands together or does the family slide your hands together thing if you are in our family you know what I mean otherwise...sorry. it makes the best sound of all her clinking rings. she gives some of the greatest gifts and sings even though she knows she doesn't sing on tune...sadly she passed that on to my dad. But most of all she brings our family lots of fun!
|My Wedding with Grandma D*, Me, and her Husband E*|
1. the marilyn monroe dress flying up above her head as she walked over a vent in the ground.
2. at our wedding she walked right behind matson as he revved the engine of the Lambo, blowing her hair crazy.
3. the garlic bread story that she said was just fine after being way overcooked. she took a bite then her teeth were all charcoal black.
this weekend as she has stayed with us there have been a few more laughs added to the list.
we were playing a game called What Were You Thinking? seriously the most fun game. go get it or buy it on the internet! It is a super fun board game where you try to guess or come up with the most popular answer to the questions, but they are not necessarily the correct answers. Then whoever gets the least popular answers gets a penalty card. Then the person with the most penalty cards it the loser and everyone else wins! So i will start out by telling you that Grandma Doris was the loser, but it was hilarious. here are just a few of her answers to the questions asked that i thought i would share with you to bring a smile to your face do not think I am horrible and making fun of my grandma, she enjoys when we all get a kick out of her, all her sons & grandchildren laugh a lot when grandma says/does silly things:
- What countries have the highest standards of living?
- We all answered with U.S.A, Japan, Switzerland, Monaco etc.
- Grandma's answers included China and Mexico After Grandma said this I told her about where my brother T* lived on his mission with no doors and huge cracks and no toilets...MAN quite the high standard there...not. ha.
- What are 3 different ways to misspell potato?
- We all answer with variations of potato such as Potatoe, Potatto, etc.
- Grandma answers with Spuds actually pretty funny since it is a name for potato but does not really answer the question...
- Name 5 things that you think of when you think of the Letter J.
- Grandma is up first to tell us her 5 J words and she starts our great with Joy, Joyous, Joyful, Joy to the World, and then by her last answer of Happiness we knew she heard wrong! We were all laughing quite loud then she goes, "What? It is 5 things that you think of when you think of joy, right?" Sorry Grandma, but no. She lost that round too.
- What are 5 things you think of when you think of the Cold War?
- We all say things such as USSR, USA, Reagan, No Real Fighting, etc.
- Grandma answers Jerusalem and Religion apparently the Cold War was in Jerusalem and had a lot to do with Religion?
We love you Grandma and all the Joy you bring to us with your funny comments and stories!