Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Christmas Song Yearbook Awards

So I get a little obsessed with Christmas music (like I am sure everyone does), but I thought I would share some of my favorites with you...YEARBOOK style. Remember in your yearbook the awards toward the front of it? "Most Likely to Succeed", "Class Clown", "Most Likely to Become Famous", etc...you know! So without further ado...

Welcome to the Christmas Song
 Yearbook Awards!


Mine and Matson's favorite is the Christmas light guy (the 2nd pain) and when he says, "Now why the HE** are they blinking?" or "One light goes out they all go out!!" We laugh each year so hard at this song. We can just see our family members saying things like this. 

Most Likely to get You to Burst Out Your Singing Pipes - "Silent Night" by Nysnc 
If you want a real kick...watch Justin Timberlake close his eyes and get super into this song.
Best Rock Christmas - "Sleigh Ride" by Relient K
Most Classic Christmas - "The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole
I have always had a little secret crush on Nat King Cole. Mats and I danced to him as our first dance at our reception and as a child I was obsessed with his songs. I would sing along with them all the time (still do) and loved that my Grandpa loved him too!

Best 80's Christmas - "Emmanual" by Amy Grant 
May possibly get you dancing then you realize it is all about Christ and that it may be inappropriate to dancing along to a song all about our Savior.

Most Likely to get Stuck in Your Head - "I Saw Three Ships" by Nat King Cole
jingle bells andy award??
If This Song was a Person Matson Would Marry It - "Little Drummer Boy" by Josh Groban
If This Song was a Person I Would Marry It - "Cold December Night" by Michael Buble
Ok, maybe let's just say Michael Buble. I would marry him? (Sorry Mats). Seriously though, he has such a me style voice that I love!

Favorite line of the whole song: "Don't save it all for Christmas day, find a way to give a little love everyday!" So true. Don't just rely on Christmas to do service and love. It should be everyday!

How old are Boyz II Men now? Gotta be old but man they are good, nothing is better than them jammin' in this music vid! And Justin Bieber, he is growing up right in front of our eyes. Like in this music vid he tots doesn't have his hair. 

Most Original - "They Would Give Presents Ev-err-ree Single Day" by The Little Girl I Nanny.
I hope you get a kick out of this as much as I do. So funny. This day she was non-stop singing some made up song in the back of my car. 


What Christmas songs/music do you listen to?

No comments:

Post a Comment