Monday, November 19, 2012

Placemat to Pillow HOW TO

Thanksgiving is just a few days away crazy and so I thought I would share with you a little Thanksgiving craft I did this year. I was walking around my local Bed, Bath, and Beyond and found these cute Turkey placemats for $4.99. You can purchase the placemat here (Unfortunately they are now out of stock). You can purchase any placemat that has two layers of fabric that could be unpicked and stuffed. This only took me about 20 minutes and cost me $4.99 for each pillow (I already had the stuffing).

Materials: 

  • Placemat(s)
  • Poly Stuffing
  • Seam Ripper (or small scissors)
  • Sewing Machine (or needle and thread)


1. Choose your placemat that has two layers of fabric sewn together.

2. Unpick the seam about the length of your hand anywhere on the placemat with a seam ripper (or small scissors). I unpicked at the bottom of the placemat so it would be less noticeable where I resewed.

3. Stuff the placemat with any polyester stuffing. I used Joann's Fabric Stuffing.

4. Next, pin the ripped seam (or two sides of fabric) together.

5. Carefully sew the seam shut again. Press the stuffed pillow down so that you can get the fabric underneath the sewing machine. This was the hardest part.
 

6. You're done and NO ONE will ever notice that they were placemats! Yes, I succeeded.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment