Thursday, October 6, 2011

Erica's List of 22.

Usually people make their own resolutions on New Years, I have never really stuck to those resolutions I  mean who does? but just kind of keep them in my mind as reminders on what goals I want to keep throughout the year. My sister in law, T*, has made a list on or around her birthday for the past 2 birthdays. Her lists include a certain number (the number she will be turning the next year) of things that she wants to do before her next birthday. You can see her list for this year's birthday here. You all know my obsession with lists so of course I {heart} this idea.

So here are some small and reachable goals and things I would like to do before I turn 22 in a year.
  1. Eat less carbs, More veggies and protein My food intake as of lately is sweets, breads, and cereal...ugh need to change that. Plus I do not eat nearly enough protein. - Only eat 1 sweet or treat instead of grabbing 2 or 3 treats. And eat whole wheat not white.
  2. Read a church book every Sunday with Matson - whether it be 1 page or 1 chapter JUST read and learn.
  3. Try 1 new recipe each month (I would say each week but with our school/work schedules that just won't happen and is not reachable, we often eat on busy nights our "Go To" meals like soup, cereal, or lean cuisines)
  4. Try 5 new foods
  5. Make a quilt
  6. Turn my blog from the past year into a book
  7. Catch up on all my journaling so not a word, but it should be. I am 3 months behind. AH!
  8. Get back to writing in my journal daily
  9. Run a 5k
  10. Read at least 8 books I know some of you are thinking what the 8 books? I didn't start reading for fun until this past year so this is a reasonable goal here people.
  11. Go on a road trip with Matson
  12. Visit all my grandparents - finish their life interviews that I started back in May 2011
  13. Go to a play at Tuacahn in St. George
  14. Make pillows for our couch and chairs
  15. Go to all the Utah temples
  16. Prepare my sunbeam lessons better and make each sunbeam feel special. 
  17. Go to the Manti pageant
  18. Give Matson more back scratches he always asks for them and honestly I probably say yes 1 out of 10 times. I don't know why but I just never do. I am horrible. so really this one means Be a more selfless and caring wife
  19. Get mostly all A's in school (1 or 2 B's are ok)
  20. Buy, repaint, redo, or whatever it takes to new dressers
  21. Hold craft nights with cousins, friends, and whoever wants to come!
  22. Travel to somewhere new

2 comments: