Monday, June 30, 2014

A New Chapter

As Matson and I finished cleaning up our apartment that we lived in for almost 4 years, we looked at each other and realized that we actually might miss it.  Most young couples today would look at our apartment and think how "ghetto" it was with the 1970's drapes, no air conditioning, no dishwasher, no laundry hook ups, and cabinets with who knows what underneath them!? 

But for Matson and I it was perfect. We talked during dish cleaning time that sometimes took forever when we used lots of pots and pans. We screamed together and sometimes even jumped on top of furniture as spider season began and what seemed like hundreds of spiders came swarming into our doorway. There are so many funny stories that that apartment holds in its walls. Like the time when our furnace turned on in the middle of the night awakening us with a big roar sound and fire blowing out of the furnace closet. Or what may be even funnier is how two weeks later after complaining to our landlord, that furnace was still blowing fire 3 feet tall everytime it turned on and we were suppose to believe that was what "normal" furnaces do. It holds our first fight as a married couple, some of the best laugh attacks, and most recently the moment that Matson and I found out we were going to become parents. 

Although I will miss the memories that apartment holds, I won't miss the actual apartment. The month of May was a whirlwind of nerves and excitement all at once. We bought a house! We are just so happy and love it! It is in a great neighborhood and has so many wonderful features that we are still getting use to. You mean I can do my laundry any time that I want?! I am the typical woman who just loves nesting and organizing! With all these changes in our lives, we can't help but be extremely grateful and realize how blessed we are. 

Well, I thought I would share our new address with each of you so that you can come visit and send us gifts! ;) Or just send us your Christmas cards! Seriously, I know how it is around Christmas when you are trying to gather addresses and you realize that someone you normally send them to has moved! Or even worse when you send it out to the wrong address and it comes back to you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment