Thursday, February 16, 2012

a few things i am loving

Happy Valentine's Day! (Ok..I am like days late here, trust me I know. But Matson and I were super busy on Tuesday and I don't get out of class until 9:30pm then he had a basketball game so it just was not going to happen. And now we are watching a family so our Valentine's Day is Saturday!! Seriously, we can celebrate love any day we want, right?)
Anyway...I love Valentine's and its CHEESINESS.
So I thought I would share a few things I am loving (cheesy or not).


1. Valentine's home decor around our home. And if you know me, then you know that I love to decorate for holidays, birthdays, or anything! Thanks to my mom who decorates like crazy. Only sad thing now is that it has to come down...meaning St. Patty's is going up!


I won this cute heart garland last year off a blog. Cutest garland ever! I love it!

I have one of these cheesy little lights for almost every holiday.
Find here from ShopKo.
Bought last year at Kohl's.

2. This nail color. I have had it since summer but as of late, it has been my go to nail color. It is totally a summer color, but who gives! I paint my nails and venture out to a tan or dark brown or purple, yet in between every single one of those colors I come back to this because I know it looks good and it dries super fast. Yeah, the brush kind of sucks, but I get over it when I only paid like 30 cents for it cheers for me for an actual good couponing purchase. 


Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet. via: Target


3. And these dang good fruit snacks that I got on sale last week at Smith's and bought like 6 boxes. I should not of bought them because I have had like 1 or 2 a day...oops! I guess that's why I go to the gym, so I can indulge in these babies.



4. And last but not least, Matson. Valentine's Day not only marked a day to celebrate love (which I already mentioned, we are celebrating on Saturday), but it also marks exactly 1 year and a half of us being married. I love that we were married on August 14th, because it means that every Valentine's Day is our 6 month marker. So next Valentine's day is 2.5 years, then the next 3.5 years, etc.

I know every wife thinks their hubby is the best and blah blah blah, but seriously Matson is the best, most hard working and loving man. I feel so much love for him, more than anything. I love the days when he just makes me sit/lay down with him and forget about life for just five minutes, and in those five minute breaks from homework, work, and stress I feel so blessed and I feel the same love butterflies that I felt the night we first kissed. I could go on and on about him and how lucky I am to have him...

December 11'. via: Moxie Shots

Our Wedding Day August 10'. via: Moxie Shots

Our First Dance August 14, 2010. via: Moxie Shots

Hope your love day was a great day! 
And for all you wonderful single people out there, don't hate on Valentine's day next year. Look at it as a day to celebrate all kinds of love. The love you have for your mom, your family, yourself, Dr. Pepper (we all know that's Matson's secret second love), or maybe even for a favorite pair of shoes! Celebrate all kinds of love! I am looking forward to our Saturday when we continue to celebrate the love! haha.

1 comment:

  1. First, the decorations are too cute. Second, I've been wanting to buy mint nail polish for the longest time and this just convinced me to do it ASAP! And third, those photos of you two are so sweet! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete